One of the obscure dreams I've held in my heart for a long time is to publish a book entitled "The Shitty Prophets", which would be a book comprised of stories of encountering God in the most unthought of and unimaginable places in the most not what you would expect ways.
Today when I woke up I thought "What am I waiting for? Permission to entitle something 'shitty'? Permission to fully be me and express my worldview and thoughts? Someone to tell me it's ok to be who I am and say what I think, how I think it and see it?" Because this is my life. My life is a series of God showing up in all of the places that religion says he won't go in ways it says he won't operate. It's the story of God speaking to me and calling me when I was drunk and high on cocaine and pot. It's him using a summer of binge drinking to heal my soul. It's God's pursuing love encompassing me in the places that if I was God I wouldn't go.
Essentially, the premise for this blog is that I am the worst person God could call to be his ambassador. Seriously. I just don't fit the stereotypical mold. And yet I'm called. And while I grumble and bitch and moan about it from time to time, and while I don't walk it perfectly, I have indeed accepted the call to follow God anyplace. And I've given God my entire heart.
So this blog will be my stories. Some crazy ones. Some raw, intimate, real ones. Some theological ramblings and musings. And the space in between. Whoever you are reading this, if you decided to come along for the ride, I hope you enjoy it. But moreso, I hope you encounter God through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment